What To Do When You Are Mentally Exhausted

2018-02-16
Exhaustion is a common thing to feel these days. I once thought it's similar to being tired but then I found out it is not. At all. When you're tired you'll still be able to cope with work, mind, health, and basically your life. But when it comes to exhaustion, it'll be way harder to do so. 

It's frightening for me. I couldn't keep focus on what I was doing recently. Pressures are everywhere haunting me and won't let me feel fine just for one minute. I keep worrying on something unimportant, let's say a mere useless stuff like I never feel comfortable with a single hair strand behind my neck and that will end up making me angry. As I'm getting older now, the responsibilities I have on my shoulder also weighing. 

Somehow with everything that's going on in my life plus those things I mentioned above, are tiring as hell. Make my mind, body, and mental really tired. Sometimes I just feel like I wanna hide myself from the crowd and have my own time in a room, wrapped in a blanket. Not to mention that they cause me stomach pain and a slight headache. Real bad.

If you ever feel that way too, it might be symptoms of mentally exhausted. The cause of what's happening to me, from what I know could be stress from work; let me tell you, I work 2 shifts every month. Let say this week I'm on morning shift, work starts at 8.30 and ends at 17.30. For night shift, it's 17.30 until 2.00 (work facilitates us night shifter this shuttle car). So one week every morning shift, my life would be just like normal person. But on night shift, it changes everything, like a whole different sleeping pattern, meal time, social interaction with my family and friends, and even my lifestyle. Causes may differ, but I can say this one is way too obvious to notice.

But don't worry. I can't let myself or other causes burden me, my mind, body and mental ever again. Not a long ago, I found out few ways to do to keep you from mentally exhausted. I have tried all of them and thankfully it worked. So, here they are.

Do What Your Heart, Mind, and Body Want

If you're tired and want to rest, do it. Don't force your mind it'll only drain yourself and that's very unhealthy. If you feel like going on holiday, do it. Don't let your mind sad and tired, that's mentally destructive. I know you can manage your time, pick a nice two until three days to somewhere close but relaxing. Short holiday doesn't need to be expensive, right? Unless you have some spare money to treat you a luxury holiday, then go for it :D. You deserve good things after stressful days.

Build A Positive Vibe

After work and life stressed me out and hinted me symptoms of exhaustion, I do this simplest way ever. One quick way to at least soothe your mind and most importantly, your mental. All you need is a warm, fluffy blanket, a pillow, and good music. Wrap yourself inside the blanket, play your favorite jam, close your eyes and start to focus. 

Focus your mind on positive vibes, send yourself thoughts on how are you gonna through the days and survive. Everything comes from you and in the end it's for you. By focusing your mind on positive vibes, oh and accompanied by your fluffy blanket, it'll get easier for your mental health. Believe it and trust yourself :)

Jogging

I recommend you to jog early in the morning, well around 5.30 - 6.00. Where the air is still at its best. The longer the track, the better. Why? Because the more you breathe the air and the more you feel at ease. Your body, mind and mental also need fresh air, right? This is one of many ways to get it.
 

Take A Lot Of Pictures

Whenever you feel stuck, drained, can't cope with crowded conditions, this one might help. By doing this, you can release your anger from exhaustion in pictures.

Anything can become your objects; scenery, traffic, animals, food, or even pictures of yourself. You can go outside somewhere calm, while walk around or walk your dog, use your camera phone to take pictures. For me, I take pictures of my cats. It makes me smile and suddenly feel happy. Everything feels less hard than it used to :)

Tidying And Cleaning

I love tidying. I love to clean my room, my closet, shoes, and even to clean my whole home. I didn't know that it actually really helpful for mental exhaustion. It happened exactly today, the day I posted this entry. So these past 2 days I felt really really exhausted. Mentally exhausted. I got angry easily, stomach pain strike at times. But strangely after finished tidying or cleaning, I feel better. I forgot that I was exhausted before doing all stuff. You don't need to do an extreme tidying or cleaning. For example you can sort out things that you barely use, organize your vanity or bookshelves.

So those are five ways to do whenever you feel like you're mentally exhausted. If you think it'll only last for a short periode of time, it will. Tell your mind, believe it, and you'll feel less exhausted.

Hopefully by sharing this, you'll be more aware about your mental health. And also to treat it more seriously. This is important. Stay happy. Stay positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment