Seize Your Moment!

2017-12-14

My office was surrounded by cumulonimbus on Friday, 8th December, a week ago. It haven't rained yet when I left office and when my boyfriend picked me up. But it did while we were on the way for our Friday date. It was pouring, I guess the worst downpour this year. Even caused few floods around Jakarta. 

Last week's date was a movie night. We went to the theater by motorcycle. But since we've always prepared our matching rain coat every time in rainy season, we survived the downpour. Went through a pouring for the sake of our date. Not too bad, an experience that later I could tell to my grandchildren.

Actually, my boyfriend and I were having difficulty deciding, from 2 top movies, which one we should watch first. I even posted an Instagram poll for people's opinions. Not surprised by the results, 64% voted Coco and 26% for Murder On The Orient Express, it was kinda predictable it would've turned out like that. 

Coco

Another most awaited animation movie from Pixar Animated Studios. Another tear-jearker for a fragile heart like me. The plot really got my soul. This kind of family movie's story ALWAYS gets me. Not only loved and enjoyed but kids, Coco does the same thing to adults. Very heartwarming because when it comes to family, I mean, everyone has a soft spot for that. 

Nothing beats a story about a young kid's adventure pursuing his passion. Coco gives a thrilling, fun yet exceptional effect throughout the whole movie. It shows a very colorful Día de Muertos or Day of the Dead. But with death process(?) that's a bit confusing for children to grasp.

I've learned something familiar case, which is very important after watching Coco. It is that family is the cause of what are you gonna be in the future. Family takes a critical role for our goals. Whether they're gonna bless us with ton of supports or, hate it or not, forbid us from achieving what's been our ambitions for so long. This movie taught us both things.

Its cinematography is top-notch, the animation is very detailed, that one has me shook. Not to mention every songs there is rooted with Spanish style of music. Of course after leaving theater, Remember Me kept playing in my head. Actually, that's a good thing.

Overall for me, this movie is recommended for parents and their children to at least show them a tiny crumb lesson about what family means and the importance of dreams. A real reminder for any parents to never limit their children's dreams. Instead become their number one support system.

Rate: 9/10
Rewatch: Yes
Recommended: Yes


| Have you watched Coco? What do you think about it? |

No comments:

Post a Comment