Family and Jumanji

2017-12-30
I've been waiting for awhile until the days off. We all got 2 days off because of Christmas, even though I don't celebrate it, I planned to go home. You know, the best feeling in the world. I knew my cats were waiting for me. 
Before going to work last Friday (22/12), I've packed my stuffs in advanced and brought them with me. I decided to leave right away after work. Boyfriend picked me up to dinner at McDonald's nearby my usual shuttle station. We waited more than 3 hours there because of the crammed traffic at Cikampek-Bekasi highway. So that was our date. I arrived at beloved hometown around 00.30, it took 2,5 hours from Bekasi to Purwakarta despite of the jammed traffic. Pretty fast.

The next morning I just stayed at home helping mom with households, playing with my cats, and watching Kang's Kitchen for very first time. I've also been waiting that variety show to air. Luckily I could catch up 2 episodes consecutively from home.

We supposedly had to go to Tangerang for pre-Christmas dinner with my relatives. But we didn't make it because dad has had to work, so we all just stayed at home. Sometimes I feel bad for him. For these past few weeks, he barely had dinner with mom and my sister at home. Works have always been piled up right before the year-end. 

Jumanji


On Sunday (24/12), we went to watch Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and had a so-so dinner in Karawang. We almost  missed the movie but thankfully we didn't. At first, I didn't really looking forward to Jumanji. I didn't even notice when the released date was. My brother suggested us to watch it as the one that released in 1995 is his favorite movie. 

To my surprise, this movie had upgraded into a video game from a mere board game. For me the movie itself wasn't that bad. Though I thought somehow you can see it as the parody of the 1995 version. I didn't mean it in a bad way. I was just surprised because the ones with Robbin Williams in it gave us lot of curiosity. But with the newer version, it was just full of funny stuffs. Strangely, which I love. I mean, c'mon Kevin Hart was awesome there. I loved his character. Literally in tears from the scene where he ran as slow as a turtle. Man, he was epic. 

Don't forget my childhood idol, Nick Jonas. He played the role of Alex Vreeke, a teenager who sucked into a game for 20 years. He was too scared to play the game alone plus with his one last life left for him. Also in my opinion his acting has improved a lot from Careful What You Wish For. Not to mention he looked really good in the movie. Made me smile every time he has a closeup shoot. 

I love it when they showed this every players character's strengths and weaknesses. Again, Kevin Hart's weaknesses made me lmao! These strengths and weaknesses would showed up after they press their left chest. The upgrade from board game really sophisticated and more modern. Gamers could relate a lot.

Like what I have predicted in the middle of the movie, this one offered us another life lessons especially for children. That we're not alone in this world. We can't just focus on ourselves without noticing that us humans, are actually social beings. We can't live without others. Also we are so much stronger than we think we are. 

Rate: 6/10
Rewatch: I do like it but seeing it in theater once is more than enough.
Recommend: Since the slapstick was nice, yes.


| Have you watched it? Do you like this version better? |

No comments:

Post a Comment