2017 recap | Better Late Than Never

2018-01-22
Photo by: Mike Enerio @ Unsplash
Who would've thought 2017 ended so fast. I know I'm late. But just like the classic saying says,
Better late than never.
Actually, I feel 2017 wasn't really for me as I kept getting sick over and over. But I'm also thankful for it. God wanted me to take care of myself a little bit more than I used to. Also, 2017 has taught me bunch of life lessons. Few thing that I haven't faced in 23 years of my life. I get to know how easy it is to ruin and then solve your family issues, I was still in struggle dealing with scattered past (as always), I started to rebuild my long buried skill again and I hope it will continue this year, thanks to my boyfriend, now I know how to respect men’s point of view ever more, and the most intriguing is I learned the value of life choices.

Here’s a little recap of how my 2017 went:
- I think I’ve strengthen the bond with my boyfriend. Our relationship was kind of in an ups and downs situation this year. You can say we were on the edge of it all. But we’ve talked it through and hopefully will be doing better in the upcoming years.

- Life at grandma's been hard lately. Especially after what happened with me and my cousin. It was dumb actually but I couldn't hold it any longer. She was so disrespectful towards elders. I decided to ran away - well by ran away I meant to stay at mama tua's (aunt) instead. I hated everything. If it wasn't for grandma I would have left. I love my grandma and that's why I stayed, I don't want to stress her out. Now that everything settled, I will just focus on myself and helping, taking care of grandma. I don't have time for dramas. I don't want her attitude ruins me building my future again.
- So, my boyfriend has decided to start a clothing line. He does all the designing and stuff. Meanwhile, he asked me to be his brand's marketing. Majoring in Marketing Communication while in uni, I feel more than welcome to be one. I know I've forgotten so many theories from uni, but it's time to rebuild my skill. Once everything's ready, I'll do my best to help him. This is also one of my resolutions for 2018 :)

- People and their life choices is unexpectedly cool. I admired how people decide which jobs suit them the most, choices whether they're going to marry or not, to have or adopt kids, deciding their lifetime partners, their future education, and all. It just made me think about my own choices. Will I be able to get through it? Am I sure everything that I choose in the future is the best for me? I am looking forward for the answer but I'm also afraid. But I remember what this stranger told me. "You gotta risk it all."
Well, more or less that's all. Overall, everything taught me to become the better version of myself. As I am maturing and of course aging, I should pay attention more to detailed obstacles. I should be bold, ready to take any risks, getting rid of useless stuffs inside and outside my head, and just focus on building my own future. For the better, brighter, cooler, more beautiful 2018, I've listed a few resolutions;

-  Seeks God more relentlessly.
- Find a new job. It's been almost 2 years and I think it's time to move on to better work environment.
- Give my parents an insight about my relationship with my boyfriend. There's this tiny stuff I have to manage and convince my parents about. I hope nothing but the very best for this.
- Help my boyfriend with his clothing line. Provide moral boost, my marketing skill, and affection for him :D
- Start to find my future home.
- Save more. Getting rid useless expenses and prioritize future savings.
I realized the older you get, the less lists you have in your resolutions. Because you only need to focus achieving one big goal to reach other smaller needs. 
| How was your 2017 went? What is your 2018 resolutions |

No comments:

Post a Comment