Singapore // June 9th - 13th

2018-07-16
So last June my family and I went to Singapore for a short trip. Actually the main reason was to attend Niall's Flicker tour on June 12nd. My sister and I already bought the tickets from last year, but the problem with conservative parents is they won't let us travel alone. So that's how finally the five us went to this island-country-city.

We started off at dawn after our suhoor and fajr prayer. Our trip to airport was smooth since it was in the early morning and my uncle is just a good driver. We waited there for at least 2 hours until our take off around 8.35 AM. No breakfast because we were fasting at that time.

The flight took 1,5 hours until the arrival at Changi Airport which means around 11.30 SGT. Before we went to the immigration, we submitted this form for our check-out later. No problem. But it took almost 1 hour for that. The immigration staff was doing all this stuff because it was our first time in Singapore and apparently because of  the Singapore summit in just a few days. So they had to check everything thoroughly before letting us out from the airport. No pressure. 

Mom also hired a tour guide for our stay in Singapore. She wanted everything to be arranged and organized. Well, ok but it was only for two days lol. Doesn't matter though we could always travel around the city by ourselves. We stayed in an apartment called Kasturina Lodge at Kay Poh Road, just across the Kay Poh Road Baptist Church and only 10 minutes away from Orchard.

Day 1 (9/6)
Esplanade Park and Cavenagh Bridge



mom and dad



Merlion Park




my beautiful sister



love of  my life :D


Singapore Flyer 
We didn't get to try this one of Singapore's iconic icons because apparently it took too long in the air and everyone in my family scared of heights.


Chocolate factory and souvenir shop
Mom went extra here. She bought 200 SGD worth of chocolates!


Chinatown



Day 2 (10/6)
Gardens by the Bay
We literally in awe when we first entered the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest Dome! I mean such beautiful place exists!









Marina Bay Sands
Would love to stay in this hotel for once in a lifetime.

Bugis and Arab Street
One of my favorite places. These places were like food heavens. Foods everywhere. Too bad we were fasting that time haha. But we managed to try some for our breakfasting and yes they're all yummy! :) Happy belly, happy me.






Mustafa
Man! This place oh my god I still can't get over how crowded it was!

Day 3 (11/6)
Mom allowed us to shop for clothes at Orchard. We went to Paragon and other mall but man everything is too pricey there! So we finally ended up shopping at H&M nearby lol.

After that we went to Marvel Studios: Ten Years of Heroes Exhibition at ArtScience Museum. It was a lot of fun. My brother is a big Marvel fan and he was so excited about going here.






Day 4 (12/6) - Flicker Tour (FINALLY!)

This concert was actually the highlight of this whole 5 days trip. Me, my little sister, and Riska (a friend of mine) had so much fun there even though Riska's seat was like on the other side of ours. The last time I saw Niall was in One Direction's On The Road Tour in 2015, so that was 3 years ago. Seeing him singing on the stage again after 3 years is such a joy to me. I was and will always be a Niall's girl. I'm telling you guys, his singing ability HAS IMPROVED A LOT. I am very proud of him and for what he has achieved on his solo career.

We had no idea about his set list that night but I knew he was gonna sing Fool's Gold and I'd cry myself out. Cindy too oh my god I didn't know I missed One Direction so much after that one song. Well we were more surprised when Drag Me Down was being played! My sister and I was like....what song is this....wait.....OMG! No we didn't cry this time but so HYPED thanks to Niall. He really brighten up the mood by changing the whole ambience with his upbeat songs after the mellow ones! I love this guy.

Oh and he was so funny as well. He threw out jokes about the heat and that he was dehydrated and how he kept drinking the beverages he brought behind him. Yes, Niall I feel you. Also he teased this couple for being so lovey-dovey. Ugggghh ain't he cute?! Oh, before the concert we had our first Nando's hehe.







Day 5 (13/6)
Our last day here. We didn't do much, only went to Bugis Junction to watch Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom while waiting for our flight home around 8 pm. Mom and Dad laughed about how the movie didn't have at least English subtitle. Instead they have Chinese subtitle so they almost didn't understand the whole conversations. But thanks to the plot, they caught up about what happened in the movie.

Overall, our first trip together was fun and it was a new experience for all of us. Here's to more trips in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment